Hopedale Unitarian Parish “Shares the Plate.” All money collected during a calendar month through the offering plate at Sunday morning worship that is not designated as contributing to a yearly stewardship pledge will be donated to a non-profit agency or organization that works on issues and projects in line with the mission and values of Hopedale Unitarian Parish and Unitarian Universalism. If you would like to nominate an organization as a Share the Plate recipient, please use the form below or print this Share the Plate Nomination Form,fill it out, and submit it to the church office. Forms are also available at the church entrance on Sundays and at any time from the church office.
Recipients of Share the Plate must be :
- Non-profit (501 c 3 preferred) and non-partisan organizations.
- Focused on issues of social justice and community service.
- In agreement with the values of Unitarian Universalism.
Recipient organizations should do work that is related to at least one of the following:
- Promote fair and equal treatment for all and/or empowering marginalized communities.
- Reducing poverty, racism, and homophobia.
- Improving public education.
- Feeding the hungry and/or promoting community health.
- Providing services for children and/or the elderly.
- Reducing violence.
- Preserving the environment.
Preference is given to local organizations, and to organizations which already involve Hopedale Unitarian Members or which already have an established relationship with our congregation. We also look for organizations that provide an opportunity for Hopedale Unitarian Parish members to volunteer or provide opportunities for collaboration with other faith communities.