The POWER of ONE Award is an annual award presented during the community-wide Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Celebration, to be held this year at Union Evangelical Church, 25 Dutcher Street, at the Thursday, January 12, 2017 service which begins at 7:00 p.m.
The Power of One award recognizes an individual, family, committee, or group for an extraordinary contribution in the area of community improvement or social justice during the past year or years of service.
Nominees for this award should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Establishing a tangible legacy that embodies the difference/contribution being recognized.
- Promoting equal opportunity in the greater Hopedale and Blackstone Valley region.
- Establishing cooperative working relationships with other groups for the betterment of community life.
- Working to bring about improved interpersonal and/or inter-group relations.
- Inspiring others to participate or contribute to ongoing efforts in any of the above areas.
- Demonstrating an appreciation for the gifts and voices of a diverse community and including these voices in ongoing efforts.
Nominations are due by Dec. 19, 2016 for the January 2017 award. Send nominations to Union Church/ 25 Dutcher Street/ Hopedale, MA 01747 / [email protected] /508-473-1476 or fill out the form below.