To submit a project for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service on Monday, January 18, 2016 please complete online form below or download and print this MLK Day 2016 Request for Volunteers form and return it to Rev. Tony Lorenzen at revtonyuu at gmail.com or PO Box 367, Hopedale, MA 01747. Deadline for requesting volunteers and submitting projects is 12 p.m. on January 12, 2016. Project requests should be submitted by the appropriate person in your organization (Volunteer Coordinator, Executive Director).
Guidelines [Required] Guidelines for Community Partners
- Create a project that engages student and/or adult volunteers for the entire duration of the project time, two to two hours from 2:30-4:30 pm on Monday, January 18, 2016.
- Provide any supplies necessary for the project.
- Indicate on the Project Request Form if volunteers will be working directly or in conjunction with other groups (i.e., children, elderly, special populations).
- Communicate with the group leader assigned to their agency prior to the event. (Contact information will be shared with you in January).
- Have a staff member, with full knowledge of the project and organization, present for the duration of the project.
- Provide an overview of the agency and explain the relevancy of the project to their agency and/or clients (5 -10 minutes) to the volunteers.
- Provide feedback via survey regarding MLK Day of Service (day of the event or soon after).
- Work Site must provide any required materials, tools, and supplies.
- Contact Rev. Tony Lorenzen at 508-344-3668 at least 24 hours in advance of any changes to the project or cancellation of the project.